Monday, September 10, 2007

T is for Tea, Teapots and Tony(a)!

That's me, T for short. Tea is an IMPORTANT part of my daily ritual. It all starts with a cup of black tea in a favorite mug (presently my chipped brown dragonfly mug) while I check my email. The best days are when Zoe is still asleep, when I have snuck from our bed unnoticed to my office. For the past 15 years it has been Earl Grey with a small teaspoon of honey.

Over the years I have tried a few brands, most recently it has been "Zhena's Gypsy Tea" their uplifting Earl grey tea- organic, fair trade (almost biodynamicly grown in Sri Lanka) , packaged in easily recyclable containers. Good for your consciousness as well as your spirit

Yesterday I disovered a local tea company "Tea-se" ........of course and sadly the black tea is not local but they do use many local ingredients. I tried their "Maple Sugar caffeine medium loose black tea", debuted it a little birthday party I had and the verdict was mmmmmmmmm! A rich black tea blend flavored with authentic maple syrup from our own local maple syrup producer "North Hadley Sugar Shack".

I *LOVE* teapots. I have a little collection. I have never made a teapot cozy but this year inspired by this one I may.

I now have a new Earl Grey ( from MarieBelle NY) to try which I received as a birthday gift for my birthday (thanks Victoria!) that I am also excited to try. Yesterday afternoon I had invited a few friends over to celebrate my upcoming birthday this week, we had a relaxing time chattin and laughin the afternoon away while the little ones played outside! I received some great gifts of a hunk of a local farmstead cheese (thanks Sienna, and several gift certificates from our local fabric storem (what could be better) a supersized jar of some homemade ginger brew mmmm and a gift certificate from Superbuzzy (already spent!) Thanks Zanne

I have been wanting to do one of these "Encyclopedia of me MEME" as seen on this Bella Dia Blog I have recently read the book that inspired this Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am an avid tea drinker. I am really fond of black tea, since I really like a strong,
robust cup. A few green teas, like pinhead gunpowder are a second choice since they are quite a bit stronger than typical green teas.