Friday, January 19, 2007

I love music! Definately one of the top 5 things that make me happy. Zoe has been going to concerts with me since she was 4 weeks old, not counting the ones she went to when we were one! The first one was a Vance Gilbert and Ellis Paul Concert at the Iron Horse soon to be followed by a Richard Shindell also at the Iron Horse. In her first year I think we went to 13 concerts. We have been to many folk festivals together....we both LOVE Falcon Ride Folk Fest four days of camping, rain, sun, mud and the best music out there. I only mention all this as tonight I did something I have not done in a long time, something that made me happy. I put in a CD. "MY" music, without negotioation, no whiny child in the back seat.

Funny it is that often in the evenings when Zoe is finally in the land of nod when I could listen to a CD instead I enjoy the quiet.....Until I had Zoe I had music on 24/7 now I am understanding my families"turn that noise off! " comments. Do we all become our mothers? Strange also, is the fact that I have been writing this blog for 6 plus months and hardly mentioned music except in the context of festivals and kids music ....... tonight I rediscovered that I still love music.

as I baked Lemon- Cornmeal Cookies #16 from the collectable cookie edition of Everyday Food. I am enjoying my subscription. I listened to Kris Delmhorst "Strange Conversations. What a great CD.

I have also been enjoying
Abigail Washburn :Song of the TRavelling Daughter
Erin Mckeown:Sing You Sinners

Lots of Cheryl Wheeler thrown in ther efor good measure although that needs to become late night enjoying and Zoe has memorized most of the "On the plane song" and the "It's the phone" song neither really appropriate for a 3 year old!!

Next on my list to purchase are

Crooked Still:Shaken By A Low Sound
Dave Carter &Tracy Grammer:Seven is the number

Both put out by Signature Sounds our AMAZING LOCAL RECORD LABEL.

I am also anxiously awaiting Susan Werner's new record "The Gospel Truth" CD to be released March 6th.



Now my goal for the rest of the evening is to not eat all the cookies before the bake sale on sunday at the museum.

No comments: