Saturday, January 20, 2007

6 wierd things about me.....OK not six but one.

I have a strange facination with "Outhouses". Given the amount of links on the web, I am not alone!

Here is the wilkipedia definition:

An outhouse, (also known as a privy or kybo) usually refers to a type of toilet in a small structure separate from the main building which does not have a flush or sewer attached. Lots more information on this page

Outhouse Definitions

Anyway earlier this week and old friend and I were spending the afternoon wandering around Northampton browsing- rare these days. We went into Zoe's favorite toy store........A Child's Garden ( 204 Main Street,Northampton, MA 01060) and right in the back I noticed this little gem. The door was closed but I knew..............Oh my I HAD to have it! All $40 of it. I didn't care whether Zoe wanted it or not!





Turns out it was a hit. There is always a line of little people waiting.......and we have learnt that you cannot use the old style plan people (without the twisty waists) as they fall in. It is then tricky to fish them out ! and a little traumatic for a child who has toilet fears.

For fun outhouse art work:
Outhouse art work

No comments: