Saturday, December 22, 2007

What did you do with your extra minute of daylight?

We read Sunbread by Elisa Kleven and made sun muffins!


The fourth light of Advent is the light of humankind.
The light of love, the light of thought, to give and to understand.

Rudolf Steiner


Hope you all had a Happy Solstice! We celebrated in a town wide Solstice bonfire, storytelling, carolling with Morris and Molly Dancing! It was the first time that we headed out to this event and am sure it will become a tradition. The children were entertained by climbing and then sliding down a huge mound of snow. Fun was had by all.

I have not posted much about our Advent activities.....books were read, projects were completed, projects were abandonned!

Here are a few pics









In other news at home I created a little reading nook for Zoe (really a work in progress) but she LOVES it. Infact last night she wanted to sleep there. I agreed though I was a little nervous as it is so close to the wood stove. It worked out! Part of her Christmas present is a camping lantern which I think will be great for that little space.Finally I am clear about what to make her, I am planning a little lap blanket (a magic blanket- more about that after the holidays) and cushion for her little nook. Have you seen Montessori by Hand beautiful reading pillow pattern!

No comments: