Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Zoe Travels the World: Join Us in Our Adventures

(this post has already been published over at Hilltown families)



Hi, my name is Zoe. Some of you may know me as I live here in the hilltowns. And while I love the hilltowns, one of my favorite things to do with MamaT is to travel. I LOVE to travel! I’ve taken an airplane to Europe when I was four months old, and I’ve journeyed by car from the hilltowns to Florida. I’ve traveled by bus and by train, and I even spent seven months in India (in utero!). I don’t remember much about that trip, but MamaT has stories to share!



This spring (March ‘08) we’re taking off again. I can hardly wait! We are flying to Amsterdam (Holland) and then caravaning through Eastern Europe to Greece to visit my Giagia (greek for grandmother). MamaT says that our trip this spring is just a warm up for the BIG ONE … a journey over land from England to Tibet! And all along the way we are planning our adventures with visits to many cities in seven different countries, including:

Berlin (Germany)
Prague (Czech Republic)
Vienna (Austria)
Budapest (Hungary)
Bucharest (Romania)
Sofia (Bulgaria)
and then into Northern Greece

You can follow our adventures right here on The Herbal Way or on Hilltown Families. You can read our posts, which will include photos, activities, maps and links to suggested readings. And when we return we’ll be sharing more stories and craft projects at the Children’s Art Museum in Shelburne Falls, MA.



POSTCARDS FROM THE ROAD

If you would like to receive a postcard from us during our travels, send us your name and mailing address, along with a donation of $1.50 to cover costs and we’ll send you a card during our trip. Drop it in the mail (please email me tlemos (at) noho (dot) com if you would like our mailing address) to arrive before March 7th, 2008. Our road trip will begin the next day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been a silent reader of your blog for awhile now, and really enjoy reading it. Had to write in and tell you I can't wait to join you in your adventure! (literally) I will be there is spirit, enjoy!

Herbal Tonya here said...

we can't wait!! every day Zoe asks whether today is the day!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh Tonya are you really doing both those amazing trips?

I think it's such a fantastic idea. Something I'd liek to have done too. Still I'll have to be content with coming back from China on the Trans Siberian Railway!

BTW did you ever get hold of Dervla Murphy's book?